Thursday, April 26, 2012

Will a 300W psu be able to run Geforce gt430 2gb version ?

im buying inno3d gt 430 2gb and will be gaming with it so will a 300w psu be eough for it ....nvidia also satets its minimum requirmnt to be 300W ?????/ plz tell me..;|

my specs..

core 2 duo 2.8 Ghz

3gb ddr2 ram

320 gb internal drive

500 gb external drive (adapter powered)

300 w psu

going to put a gt 430 2gb

...|||No, upgrade the PSU. Today's GPU's are very demanding.|||Yes I know what it SAYS...300W is what the card requires...HOWEVER...the stock PSU that comes with the machine is NOT 80% certified NOR do they supply the very necessary 22A on the 12V rail (the stock PSU can just barley get out 15A if that much) you need to look for a PSU that can deliver at least 22A on the 12V rail. ALL the 300W PSU I've come across cant hit 22A by a long shot! You don't get into that amperage range till you have the 430-450W PSU's|||it will work fine minimum requirements are well above its true requirements to avoid lawsuits|||Your PSU is a stock one no? As in it came with the desktop you purchased? If so please change it to at least 400W with a well known brand unless you want the stock 300W to explode and take along all your other componenets in the process. I had to change my PSU when I upgraded my graphics card, I had a 300W also. Best be safe than sorry!|||Get 1GB version instead. 2GB GT 430 is not any faster, it only costs more.

No comments:

Post a Comment